POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Wind question : Wind question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Wind question
From: Rune
Date: 3 Mar 2001 20:45:13
Message: <3aa19e29$1@news.povray.org>
I have implemented wind in my particle system, but I'm not sure it's working
correctly.

When I have just gravity the particles accelerate downwards. When I add wind
from the side, the particles move downwards and to the side, accelerating,
but in a straight line. When I use less drag, they move less to the side and
when I use more drag they move more to the side. But always in a straight
line. I'm can't figure out if it's supposed to behave that way or not? How
should the particles move when wind is used?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org